Notes for Pornography: Men and Boys, part 1
1. Virginia Woolf, The Pargiters: The Novel-Essay Portion of THE YEARS, ed. Mitchell A. Leaska (New York: New York Public Library & Readex Books, 1977), p. 164.
* Antiabortion activists are energetically attempting to forge a medical definition of the placenta as belonging to the fetus, not the mother; and a whole host of male-created therapies that explore trauma before birth give the fetus a male social identity with its implicit male social suffering, male social alienation, and male social privilege.8. Martin Luther, cited by Margaret Sanger, Margaret Sanger: An Autobiography (New York: Dover Publications, 1971), p. 210.
9. Norman Mailer, The Prisoner of Sex (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1971), p. 126.
10. Havlock Ellis, Studies in the Psychology of Sex, vol. 2, pt. 2 (New York: Random House, 1937), p. 194.
11. T. E. Lawrence, in a letter to Charlotte Shaw, March 26, 1924, British Museum, Department of Western Manuscripts, Additional Manuscripts, cited by John E. Mack, A Prince of Our Disorder: The Life of T. E. Lawrence (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1976) pp. 419-20.